Struggling With Student Loans?
When you are burdened by the debt of student loans, it’s easy to believe there is nothing you can do about it. Perhaps you’ve heard that you cannot discharge these debts through bankruptcy. People pursue higher education to improve their earning potential but sadly, it does not always pan out that way after they graduate. Too many people get stuck with loans they cannot afford when they expected a different financial future.
Certain student loans can even affect tax refunds and Social Security income, as well as take money out of your wages to help repay the debt. What most people do not know, however, is that they can do something about this.
At Miller & Miller Law, LLC we help our clients feel confident about their situations and their understanding of their loans. We will educate you on what happens in these cases, what you can do about it and how to take control of your future.
When Should You Speak To An Attorney?
You should contact a lawyer if:
- Debt collectors are calling you
- You are threatened with wage garnishment, Social Security offset or tax refund offset
- Someone attempts to sue you over your debt
- You are in default
- You cannot make your minimum payments
- You are considering a hardship discharge or want to learn more about this option
- You are considering filing bankruptcy or want to learn more about this option
We highly value education. Our clients deserve to know how their loans work and how to protect themselves financially. We can help you:
- Find the lenders and the exact amount you owe them
- Prevent lenders from garnishing your wages
- Understand the benefits and drawbacks of each repayment option you have
- Get out of default
- Stop harassment and illegal behavior from debt collectors
- Sue lenders, debt collectors and other parties who act illegally toward you
- Get out of lawsuits that lenders may bring against you
When the financial pressure is on, we stand by our clients’ sides. You have rights. You have options. We will not let lenders and collectors bully you.
Updates on Student Loans
In this video, Attorney Miller discussed student loan forgiveness as an effective path for getting rid of debt through bankruptcy. He explained how it is important to have a lawyer on your side to make sure you understand how bankruptcy can help with student loans as well as the complex process involved in it.
Contact Our Milwaukee-Area Debt Relief Attorneys
To start talking to an attorney about your student debt, contact us online or call 414-250-7880. We will ask for some preliminary information from you and then set up a 15-minute phone consultation to discuss all of the options available to you. In other words, if we think there is something we can help with, you will know by the end of that conversation.
Based in Milwaukee with offices in Madison and Kenosha, we proudly serve all of Wisconsin.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.